True story, Valentine’s Day is my least favorite holiday. Yes, the idea of it is definitely pleasant, and I love a box of chocolates as much as the next girl, but give me all those things (and more) on my birthday and I’m a MUCH happier woman.
However, Valentine’s Day treats are most definitely something I can get behind. If anything, the day is the perfect excuse to eat loads of delicious pink and red themed foods. Kind of like this one…
(See what I did there?)
And yes, my breakfast definitely had me beat in the “Who Is Prettier?” game this morning. Those colors are on point.
The recipe is so simple and impossible to mess up. It’s two ingredients, entirely healthy, and takes only a few minutes, I almost feel bad writing an entire post about it, but I will because I love you.
- 2 plenty ripe bananas
- 3-4 organic strawberries
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut, chopped nuts, vegan yogurt, or more strawberries
- Cut up and freeze your bananas for at least 2-3 hours beforehand, or overnight.
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor and blend,
- While blending, add in the chopped strawberries and continue blending until a creamy, thick consistency is achieved.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Though inexperienced, my hand model was more than willing to help out this morning.
I wonder why?
Be on the lookout for more holiday themed breakfasts, most likely coming to you in smoothie form next time!