There is, evidently, a direct correlation between hours spent packing and how legible your Sharpie scribbles on cardboard boxes are. Example: I’m fairly sure what was once supposed to say ‘Master Bedroom’ now says ‘Msfor Brm’; brought on by 4 straight hours of stuffing toys and clothes into 30 old diaper boxes (is there a 12-Step Program for box hoarding?).
I have also, in my stress-induced frenzy, started cleaning completely random things that have not bothered me in years. The 8 month old chocolate pudding stain on the kitchen light fixture apparently only became unbearable in the last 20 minutes.
So, I took a break. Definitely mostly for you, because I love you, and wanted to bring you THIS (but also kind of because I was scaring my children).
This amazing, delicious, super yum, all-around great, easy salad was a happy accident. There are only a select handful of pictures, because well, I was hungry.
The bed of perfectly massaged kale is loaded with berries, almonds, coconut, and check out that avocado dressing. I definitely nommed.
Berry Balsamic Kale Salad
For the Salad
- a few large handfuls/about 4 cups of organic kale, prepped (like I do in Step 1 here)
- 1/2 cup of organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup of organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut shavings
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
(PLEASE play around with these amounts to find what YOU like best!)
For the Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3-1/2 cup of coconut water (depending on desired thickness)*
- 1 tbsp organic ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- pinch of salt
*You may also use almond milk, coconut milk, or even just water for this. The thickness of the liquid will change the amount needed, feel free to play around with it!
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and set aside.
- Layer your prepped kale with all other toppings, in any order you desire!
- Pour your dressing over the whole salad.
- Top with a balsamic reduction.
- Serve fresh!
This really did keep me feeling full for much longer than I anticipated– shout out to those healthy fats! Try this, tell me how much you love it, and what else you’d like to see.