This post is brought to you by writers block. Since I’m on a constant path towards authenticity and reality, thought you may as well know what you’re in for here. On another note of authenticity…
In case you haven’t noticed, I have two small children which = not a lot of free time to prepare a full multi-course meal 3 times a day. Yes, I definitely cheat and make quick snacks that come together in under 5 minutes. Not everyone has the time/energy to roast 6 lbs. of vegetables every day, y’all!
Bean dip is pretty much a staple in my house, alongside home-made almond milk and you know chocolate is always readily available as well. But it makes sense: it comes together in less than 5 minutes, is creamy and delicious, and full of protein. Definitely my kind of snack.
Canellini beans hold a lot of nutritional value for being such a versatile snack food. Combined with a Vitamin E rich fat (thank you extra virgin olive oil!) and some fresh herbs– you’ve got an incredible snack that is amazing for your skin, and let’s be honest (I’m on a roll here) who doesn’t want a little help with a glowing complexion?
Five Minute Herb Bean Dip
- 1 can of organic canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 large or 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- pink salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- large handful of fresh herbs, roughly chopped: here’s where you can get creative! I’ve used rosemary, thyme, basil, and sage all with outstanding results, rosemary is my favorite.
- Place your beans in the food processor with the garlic clove and pulse until mostly mashed.
- Add in all other ingredients, saving the herbs for last and run until creamy and whipped up.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can serve it with just about any fresh vegetables– I LOVE it on gf crackers topped with red peppers and some chives, or on a rice cake with layers of avocado. It’s a pretty big hit with the tiny humans, too (looking at you, moms!)