Thinking of starting a cult where we smother everything in cashew cream, because ohmygosh so good. There have been about 100 different flavors of cashew cream in my kitchen at some point or another (don’t worry, I share).
This time I was all about smothering those caramelized, roasted root vegetables in garlicky, creamy cashew sauce. If there ever was an indulgent side dish, this is it. Roasted vegetables are oh so good on their own, but adding that creaminess does something. Did I mention, it’s super easy? There aren’t many things better than a dish tasting like it’s worth hours of effort when your oven does all the work.
Warm, roasted vegetables coated in herbs, seasoning, and that drool-worthy cashew cream is everything I’ve been dreaming about for a side dish.
Roasted Vegetables with Garlic Cream
- 4-5 organic, medium-sized red potatoes
- 4 organic carrots
- 1/2 cup of cashews, soaked for about 3 hours
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp each: garlic powder, dried majoram, dried thyme
- pink salt and cracked pepper
- Once your cashews have soaked for about 3 hours, drain and rinse, then pre-heat your oven to 450ºF.
- Thoroughly wash your potatoes and carrots, then dice the potatoes.
- Dry and coat in avocado oil, adding in your garlic powder and dried herbs. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on a cookie sheet and cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Add the carrots to the baking sheet after the first stir.
- While your vegetables are roasting, make your cashew cream by combining the soaked cashews with the 1/4 cup of almond milk, 1 small garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend in a high speed blender until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- At 30 minutes, test for done-ness by piercing with a fork, and transfer to a serving tray. Pour the cashew cream over top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Makes 4-5 servings.