I know I’m not the only one whose fantasies involve waking up on a beach with a tray of Reese’s and bottomless mimosas, all of this while keeping an impending 35 lbs. at bay. Reality dictates that will never be a thing, but hello alternative!
Before I delve in to just how good this smoothie is, let me lay out all of the ways my go-to breakfast cares for your body.
- Raw, frozen cauliflower: Preserves the nutrients and benefits that you would lose some of through the cooking process. Cauliflower has some incredible health properties listed here!
- Raw Organic Spinach: Turns out Popeye was on to something! Spinach is loaded with vitamins and minerals to benefit nearly every area of your body!
- Coconut Water: My favorite addition to this smoothie, especially after a hard workout, or hot yoga class. It’s nature’s Gatorade, and way tastier. Read about it here!
- Orgain Protein Powder: A totally vegan, totally delicious addition of non-gritty protein to give you long-lasting satisfaction. I buy it in bulk from Costco!
- Cacao Powder: Mega high in antioxidants and iron plus it boosts serotonin levels, also it’s chocolate. I mean do you need more convincing than that?
My all too eager taste-testers confirmed that this smoothie tastes just like a peanut butter cup, minus all the processed ick and sugar that goes in to them normally. 100% natural, real food with healthy fats, plant-based protein, and nutrient packed veggies. Did I mention it comes together in under 2 minutes?
Wake-Me-Up Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- 1-2 large handfuls of organic spinach
- 1/2 a cup of frozen cauliflower
- 1 scoop of Orgain Chocolate Protein Powder
- 5 oz of coconut water
- 1 tbsp of organic cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of all natural peanut butter
- optional toppings: more peanut butter, sprinkle of cacao powder, hemp seeds (all pictured)
- Throw it all in a high-speed blender, and blend.
- Serve it cold and top with any optional toppings!
I top every single one of my smoothies with hemp seeds mainly for those omega-3s but it also helps me chew them! Chewing your smoothie is SO important– chewing releases those digestive enzymes that help you to absorb the nutrients found in smoothies, and it prevents bloating!
Next up: Trying to recreate every single other candy bar in smoothie form– a challenge that needs no convincing.