Starting this off with a moment of silence for 15-year-old baby-soft skin that was smothered in completely unnecessary cheap drugstore foundation, and far too much heavy eyeliner. I’m sure I’m not the only mid 20’s millennial seriously regretting the abuse my perfect, youthful skin endured.
Oh hey, by the way, did you know wrinkles start WAY earlier than when you’re “old”? Laughing hysterically because I TOTALLY didn’t and then one day my forehead is looking like the Appalachian Trail. Not about it. A Facebook plea was sent out and I was hit with a lot of products that surely worked, but honestly why would I make the effort to make sure my food is clean when my products are far from it? After hours of scouring through Amazon, reading Encyclopedias of reviews, and extensive research on EVERY single ingredient, I can bring you a clean and effective serum.
This is 100% my opinion, unsponsored and unbiased. I’ve been using this serum for only about a month and can already tell a difference. A little stunning what can happen when you actually take care of your skin, isn’t it?
The search for a cleanser and toner wasn’t as challenging/didn’t require as much wine, because really you just need something that cleans and balances your pH sans all the toxins. I was slightly skeptical about using baking soda and apple cider vinegar yet owed it to my selectively minimalistic side to at least try.
Let me tell you, my skin has never been brighter and smoother since starting this method.
- Baking Soda: acts as a gentle exfoliant and cleanser to really get all of the day’s buildup off of your skin,
- ACV: a natural pH balancer to ensure that your skin is neither too dry or too oily.
- Serum: delivers highly concentrated active ingredients in small-molecule form to fight wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Melaleuca: tea tree oil penetrates right to the sebaceous gland of the pore and unblocks any oils, buildup, or bacteria to dry out the pimple. It really works.
The morning is a little different (don’t worry, that one is coming too) but I’ll just tell you I ONLY put the serum on at night. Selective minimalism wins again! It’s a semi amazing feeling when friends and strangers alike comment on your glow. This is all I’ve been doing for a month, and it’s worked SO well for my low maintenance self-care.
Note: Make sure you don’t scrub too vigorously on the baking soda, and rinse it all off really well! The ACV will sting slightly if you have any small cuts or broken skin, but I promise you’re not melting your face or anything (trust- I Googled).
- Baking Soda
- Organic ACV (with the mother)
- This serum
- DoTerra Melaleuca
- Optional- apricot seed oil or jojoba oil for moisturizer
- Rinse your face with warm water and gently scrub a small amount of baking soda over your entire face and neck. Rinse well and gently dry.
- Dampen a cotton pad with cool water and add a small amount of ACV on the pad. Rub on your entire face and neck, and let air dry.
- Use a few drops of serum on your face and neck (a little goes a long way)!
- Add a drop of Melaleuca to any problem spot areas- be careful to avoid your eyes!
- Finish with optional moisturizer. My skin’s perfect balance is when I forgo moisturizer in the warmer months and use again in the cooler (dryer) seasons. Do what works for you!
And, of course, here’s my disclaimer: this is 100% just what works for me. I’m not an esthetician, this method came from my mind and willingness to experiment. If it doesn’t work for you, please don’t continue it!